Thursday, September 27, 2012

Random Piece Inspired by Marilyn Manson

     Today, I fooled around with a few tools and filters to explore photoshop. I started with the idea of Marilyn Manson in my head, and began to darken the blank page I started with. I used the burn tool to create spiral-like, darker rings around the vanishing point. Then, using the "Mixer Brush Tool", I darkened the inner rings. I created a fog-like presence with the use of the "Dodge" tool, making it lighter around the edges and crossing lightly into the middle I created small cloud like blots using the "Dodge" tool again.
     Then, after I was satisfied with the dark rings and cloud like looks of it, I started to play with the filters. Under "Sketch", I found "Chrome" and chose that effect, to be coupled with "Accented Edges" and "Angled Strokes" later on. Finding the product to be rather ragged I went back into the "Filter Gallery" and chose "Chrome" again to even it out.
     I have no idea how Marilyn Manson inspired this, but I found it to have a rather Gothic look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment